Tuesday, July 27, 2010

not just for Thanksgiving....

I love to cook and love trying new recipes! One of my favorite things is Sweet Potato Casserole, but it seems that I only cook it once a year....when my family comes to my house for Thanksgiving dinner! I don't think I have ever shared a recipe on the blog before, BUT I found a great recipe in Bully's Best Bites and just had to share!
Sweet Potato Puffs
2 cups well mashed sweet potatoes
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 stick margarine
1 1/2 cups crushed corn flakes
1 cup chopped pecans
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Large marshmallows
1 cup coconut (We don't like coconut so I left this out.)
Bake 2 to 3 sweet potatoes. Scoop out of skin and mash. Mix first three ingredients, add corn flakes and pecans. Mix well; stir in cinnamon and nutmeg. Form 1 1/2 to 2-inch ball around marshmallow and roll in coconut. Place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Yeilds 12 puffs.
I am sure they form together a little better once rolled in the coconut, but they work just fine without it!
Have a SWEET Tuesday!

0 comments: