Thursday, July 15, 2010

Miss Mississippi

I was looking back at my blog and realized I

never actually posted this and wanted to share....



My friend Heidie is the Director of the Miss Mississippi State Pagent, which is a preliminary for Miss Mississippi. For the past 5 years, I have had the opportunity to help her with the pagent and also with preparing our Miss MSU to compete at Miss MS! We help with their wardrobe, critique their talent, and conduct mock interview sessions.


Each summer, we head to Vicksburg in July and spend the week at Miss MS! I don't like the time away from Smith and Reed, but Reed and I have a mutual agreement that Miss America is MY Superbowl, therefore, the events leading up to Miss MS and the week of, is like Spring Training and football season. Even though this was my last Miss MS as a Mississippian, I have promised Heidie that it won't be my last. It is something I already have penciled in my calendar for next summer!



This year, we had a WONDERFUL represntative! Miss MSU Fenly Akers won a swimsuit prelimiary AND was named 4th alternate to Miss Mississippi!



Fenly at an autograph party.


For the first time, Laura and Anne Parks were able to come to one night of the preliminary competition.



Fenly's tv interview after winning swimsuit prelim.



After the final night of competition.

4th alternate to Miss Mississippi and the entourage...



Sarah Beth James, who was "our girl" last year and who we have come to know and love, was crowned Miss Mississippi!!! We were all so proud!


Heidie already has our hotel room booked in Vegas for our trip to cheer on SB

at Miss America in January....

I guess I will be on standby depending on when baby boy Stringer makes his arrival!

0 comments: