Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween from the land of OZ...

We have been celebrating Halloween for a while...and good thing we were able to enjoy a few parties and carnivals before the 31st because our little MUNCHKIN had an upper respiratory infection all weekend and was running a high fever... He's feeling much better and I finally posting pictures of our Halloween adventures!

We started out by attending the carnival at Laura and AP's school. It was so much fun and the kids loved running around and playing all the games. I must say that the crew from OZ was a hit! They were too cute in their costumes!

Tizzie and Grandpa with Glinda the Good Witch, Dorothy,
and a representative from the Lollipop Guild!
Smith was a pretty cute little munchkin!

..and sweet Nora was the perfect Glinda!

Dorothy and the Munchkin...

Reed was SO excited about carving a pumpkin this year. (If you know Reed and his childlike love for holidays, this should not be surprising!) I think he was a little disappointed that Smith didn't want to dig his hands down in the pumpkin and scoop out all the goo! I tried to reassure him that next year we would probably have pumpkin goo EVERYWHERE!

I couldn't find my camera that night so I took a few pictures on my phone but I am having trouble uploading them. Hopefully I can post them soon!

Here is the final product of the pumpkin carving! Daddy did a really great job!

Finally, Smith had his class Halloween party on Friday. It almost didn't happen due to the bad weather, but they finally got to have the party at the very end of the day! Smith was excited that Daddy got to come to the party before he had to leave for Kentucky!
Smith's class...

...and his beautiful pumpkin he made!

I love that they put huge tshirts on the kids before snack time and lunch! They look so cute!


If I could say that Smith is slow in any department, it is the "sippy cup" area of development. He is getting better at the sippy cup but he like the ones that have the bottle-like shaped top....
as for straws...HA. HA. HA. He is trying to hard to figure it out but he chews instead of sucks!

..not so successful with the juice box. But I have to say, ALL the kids were "squirting" juice everywhere!
Happy Halloween and Welcome November! You're my favorite! I LOVE Thanksgiving and it's only a few weeks away!

0 comments: