Thursday, November 26, 2009

california dreamin'

My sister and I just spent five wonderful days in LA visiting our "grown-up" baby brother.
I had to share lots of pictures of our fun trip so please enjoy!
(Don't give up...you don't want to miss the pics at the end!) Our wonderful host and tour guide. I am so happy for Andrew that he is loving LA!
Santa Monica Pier
"Thinking" I am looking like a tough football player when my skinny little arm is hanging out! Why didn't someone tell me???

The Griddle is a "hole in the wall" joint that serves a great breakfast and is known to be a celebrity hot spot!
WE were the celebrities on this particular occasion!
We were seated in the VIP room which was super fun!
And our "cheesecake" french toast....
and our "say cheese omelet..."
Are you jealous yet?
How about now?
"Teacher's Pet" pancakes with cinnamon apples and powdered sugar!
YUM!
Andrew in the iFLY...
a sky-diving simulator
He even got a certificate!
One of the funnest things we did was going to the wax museum.
There were a lot of people there but NONE of them were having as much fun as us!
I actually think some of the tourist had more fun watching US pose for pictures than they did taking their own!!! (my family is so much fun!)

Besides the fact that the figures were SO real looking,
the one thing I couldn't believe was how TINY everyone was!!!
The girls were so short and petite.
Even a lot of the men were little...like Mel Gibson...he could never be MY leading man!
This is what I'm talking about...
MOST people were just "standing" next to the figures...NOT us!


Andrew making the move on a girl MADE OF WAX!
I think this is when the other tourists started taking OUR pictures!
Okay...for all of my friends who make fun of me for thinking George W is so hot......
"A-Ha!" Here is the smokin' hot Paul Newman who HAPPENS to look just like my man "W!"
Stare-down with my favorite vilian.




Our absolute favorite picture!
At the set of one of my favorite shows, Brothers and Sisters.
Andrew's friend, Emily works at Disney and took us on a personal tour.
We didn't get to see any of the cast because they were off for Thanksgiving. Tear.
The first time I have EVER seen my sister eat a FAST FOOD hamburger!
Laura and I had a great time teaching Andrew to cook.
We took him grocery shopping and then gave him some tips.
We had a great time visiting with Andrew and enjoying the city! We can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

The Long Family said...

Love Love Love your pictures! I think the Hollywood PIctures are great and the wax museum is a trip. I am so jealous you got to see Oji (Sp?) foods. I LOVE Brothers & Sisters... Can't wait to hear more about your trip at Christmas!

Lauran said...

This post was too fun! I LOVED the ones of you cozying up to JT! Too cute!