Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day.

The timing couldn't be better for a day to spend with my loving family and remind me of all the wonderful things the Lord has blessed us with.

Today, I am thankful for:

-my husband who is just as good as gold
-a son who is healthy and happy
-that son's hugs and laughter
-his excitement and thrill when I pull out the vacuum cleaner!
-the neiman marcus brownies baking in the oven
-a wonderful vacation with my siblings
-a schnauzer who craves my attention
-God's grace
-talking to my sister about everything and nothing and it all making sense
-my baby brother, who is doing what makes him happy and that makes me happy
-growing as a family during challenging times
-a mother who loves my child more than anything
-sister and brothers in-law who I hope to see soon
-a husband who LOVES Christmas and is begging to help decorate!
-college football
-text messaging
-the power of PRAYER
-TWO mothers-in-law that I LOVE and who love me
-my nieces who make me so happy
-a daddy who provides and protects
-a child with the cutest foldy-down ears ever
-friends who I talk to every day and those I only talk to every now and then
-a father-in-law who is one of my dearest friends
-my husband, who does all of our laundry
-families who will spend the holidays with a loved one over seas
-the freedom those men and women fight for
-my Ganne, whose love and I can't explain in one sentence
-Fisher Price
-grandparents and cousins and aunts and uncles and lots of wonderful family
-a best friend who actually "gets" the life I live as a coach's wife
-the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and the Radio City Rockets
-beautiful weather
-my family, who will be here tomorrow!!! (We will miss you, Andrew!)

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comments:

The Long Family said...

That's sweet. Brought real tears to my eyes.