Wednesday, November 11, 2009

james 1

"Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors......Anyone who meets a testing challenge head on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. "

Sometimes these tests and challenges knock us off our feet. They come out of nowhere, we are tested when we least expect it... and it is almost impossible to see the "gift" in the challenge.

I started my day Monday knowing that it would be a great day. A happy day. Reed and I went for our 16 week check-up and for an ultra-sound to determine the sex of the baby! We couldn't wait to find out and share the news with our friends and family...and were so excited to tell Smith if he was having a brother or a sister! The day obviously didn't go the way WE had planned. I know that the Lord has a different plan for us and our family.

We couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. I was just so shocked. I have had a healthy pregnancy. I felt fine. I guess I just always thought I would know if something was wrong.

I had a DNC on Tuesday and now I am home resting. The surgery went very well and my WONDERFULLY AMAZING husband is taking great care of me.

I am so very thankful for the wonderful husband and beautiful son that the Lord has given me. He has also blessed me with family and friends who have covered us in prayer. I am still not sure what I feel...how I feel. I haven't felt much the past few days. I truly have faith the the Lord will give me understanding and peace. I know that He has great plans for us and that He is going to teach us so much from this heartbreaking time.

I pray for courage, peace, and understanding. I pray mostly for the healing of our broken hearts.

11 comments:

brad, amanda, and brody said...

praying... hug hug hug your sweet, precious little smith!

We added yall to our sunday school prayer list.

LT (and Max) said...

you wouldn't believe the number of people who have come to me and said "tell emily and reed i'm praying for them!"

i'm continuing to pray for you in the days to come.

Conner said...

We are praying for you guys during this time, Emily.

Katie said...

Emily, I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine what you must be feeling right now. Please know that I too am praying for you, Reed, and Smith during this difficult journey.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I just deleted my earlier comment because there were so many grammatical mistakes.

I just wanted to say that I have not stopped thinking about you and Reed. know that I (along with so many others) am praying for your family. I can't imagine what you are going through. So very sorry.

Ally said...

Still thinking and praying for you!The Lord will bring you answers and comfort he always does, meanwhile take good care of yourself!!

The Callaways said...

I'm so sorry Emily! Know that we are praying for you as well!

Meaghan said...

We're praying for you and your family too.

Anonymous said...

So sorry you're going through this. I know it's very painful. You and your family are in our thoughts.

-Rhonda

The Overstreets said...

Emily,

I am so sorry. I'm praying for you and your sweet family! Praying for peace that passes understanding.