Saturday, November 8, 2008

oh what fun it is to ride....

Smith and I got up early last Tuesday, voted and took to the road for a trip that would start in Starkville and end about an hour east of Atlanta at beautiful Lake Oconee. We were off for our first "long" road trip together...AND alone. Well, I say alone...we actually were accompanied by Gaby Beamer. She, a toy yorkie, had been in Mississippi with her GG and Pop and Smith and I were returning her to her parents. Smith and I were so excited to spend a relaxing week of shopping and eating with our friends. I must say that I was a little nervous about the 6 hour trip with a I5 week old and a high maintenance pup. (Sorry Gaby.)But...thankfully, they were BOTH angels. Smith is a true traveler...he was great and enjoyed the ride. Smith was so happy to finally meet Sutton. Her mommy, who is one of my bestest friends, and I were prego together and Sutton was born a month after Smith. We have promised them that no matter how far away their daddies move them...that they will always be friends. I am not sure how Shane is going to feel about Smith making a move so soon...

emily and I did lots of shopping and the kids were troopers... and were worn out at the end of the long day.
Sutton was a little upset in the car and Smith was checking on her....his face was so cute.
Smith and I took our time on the trip back home. He was so sweet and I was able to get a lot of shopping done in lots of little towns on the way home. We cannot wait to take our next trip back to the lake....and next time hopefully our daddies can come along, too.

3 comments:

The Callaways said...

They are so precious!!

Jim and Cara Lea said...

Emily.. I LOVE Lake Oconee... we used to live about 45 mintues from there and had friends who lived there.. I am glad you enjoyed it too! :)

LT (and Max) said...

so adorable!!!! i forsee their parents trying to set them up in about 20 years! :)