Wednesday, September 8, 2010

101 in 1001.

I have decided to take on a new and intertesting challenge. I was flipping through some random blogs one night and came across something that caught my attention. The 101 in 1001 challenge. The object is to complete a list of 101 tasks or goals in 1001 days!

101 goals! That's right. I know it's a lot, but 1001 days is 2.75 years in which you have to complete them all. I began my challenge by creating the list of things I would like to do and accomplish, dividing them into categories, and then beginning my 101 in 1001 challenge on September 1, 2010. That means I must have them all checked off my list by May 29, 2013!

My list contains fun trips I would like to take, projects I want to complete, skills I want to learn, and lots more. I won't be sharing my complete list with the world, because I feel like I will be more honest with myself about the things I want to accomplish if I keep them private. (I have shared them with Reed and my sister so that I can be reminded of them often and also for accountablity.)

Although you may not see a complete list, I do plan to blog about my progress and will let you know when I accomplish something!!! There are several things that will be "on-going" challenges throughout the next 1001 days, such as (#12) Trying a new recipe twice a month, (#16) Saving ALL my coin change, and (#17) Doing one activity or taking one trip a year with just my Daddy.

There are simple things that will just take an afternoon or a day to accomplish like (#61) Watching Gone with the Wind for the first time or (#54) Playing a complete round of golf. While others, like (#60) Joining a tennis league and (#39) Taking my boys to Disney World, will take a little more time and planning.

I hope you are as excited about this as I am and that you will follow me and help encourage me over the next 2.75 years!!!

Here goes nothing!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Emily, you are from the South and you have not watch "Gone With the Wind"! You know how many times Kerry and Steve watch Andy, that is how many times I have watch Gone With the Wind. I love this movie. The next time you are in MS and have some time on your hands, we will watch it.

LT (and Max) said...

oh i love that!

and i thought my sisters and i were the only ones who'd never seen gone with the wind!!!!
it's not that i don't WANT to see it, but who wants to commit have of their day watching a movie?
i'm excited about keeping up with your list!

The Long Family said...

Sounds like a good plan. I have a book called "organizing your life in a year" but I never got through month one. That's my one goal for the next 1001 days! I look forward to hearing about your accomplishments! And Gone With the Wind is worth the time spent. And it's one of those movies after you watch it, you can feel a part of things.

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great idea, Emily! Best of luck with it, and I look forward to reading what you've accomplished!

-Rhonda