Thursday, January 1, 2009

this is how WE do it

Reed and I had great intentions of a late night, childless NEW YEAR'S celebration...but THIS is how it turned out.
Smith started feeling bad and running a fever on Monday and Wednesday the doctor gave us some antibiotics to treat bronchitis! He has just been so pitiful and it is so heartbreaking to see his sickness in his eyes.

We had several friends over earlier for dinner and to watch the Chick-fil-a Bowl and had a great time.
Reed started feeling bad, too and by the time all of the company was gone, we was groggy and ready for bed! By midnight Smith was in bed and we were, too! Reed and I just talked about all the wonderful (and not so wonderful) things that can happen in a year. Our family has been very blessed in 2008. I know we weren't in Time Square or at a bar or even at a party with friends, but I ended the year in the perfect way and in the perfect place...doing the one thing I love more than anything...
at home with my family...taking care of my two sweet boys!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Katie said...

That sounds like a wonderful way to end a year!! I hope your boys both start feeling better soon.

Krystal said...

awww. what a wonderful way to spend the new year with your sweet family. it was so good seeing you all last week! i love you!