Thursday, January 8, 2009

i LOVE dave. my husband loves dave, too. sometimes my husband thinks he IS dave. i love dave so much that my husband even took me to see dave LIVE for my birthday! (yes, that is what i asked for AND it was awesome!)

i think his ministry is just amazing and what he does truly is life changing.

i was listening to dave yesterday on my drive from madison to starkville and just wanted to share what i heard. dave was talking about new year's resolutions and how low their success rate is. no one ever sticks to their resolutions and here is why...because they are resolutions, not goals. he then challenged me (his listeners) to set GOALS.

there are 5 things a goal must have to be a GOOD goal.
1. it must be SPECIFIC.
2. it must be MEASURABLE.
3. it must be YOURS.
4. it must have a TIME LIMIT.
5. it must be IN WRITING.

there are 7 different areas in which you should set goals.
1. career
2. financial
3. spiritual
4. physical
5. intellectual
6. family
7. social

i was so excited listening to him. i have never really set resolutions because i thought they were silly. sure, i might stop biting my nails for a few days or not eat fast food for a good month or so. setting GOALS sounds so much more important than having a resolution to me. what better time to set goals than at the beginning of a new year. i am excited about setting my goals, on my own and with reed.

so, happy new year.
go set some GOALS and who cares if you keep biting your nails!

0 comments: