Friday, February 27, 2009

home.

I saw this on a friend's blog and was so excited.

My friend, Emily and I have always said that our "styles" were a mix of so many looks and ideas that we weren't sure we could define them. This is how our conversations usually go:

EB: "This girl just came over and told me my house was shabby chic!!!
Is it shabby chic?"
me: "I think it is a mix of a lot of things. It's dressy, which makes it chic-ish and traditional."
EB: "You think my house is traditional?"
me: "Yeah, it's traditional."
EB: "Is that bad."
me: "no."
EB: "I don't think I want it to be traditional."
- conversation changes topics -
- 2o minutes later -
me: "I think my house looks like a college girl lives here. I hate my house."
EB: "Your house is SO you!"
me: "So you think I act like a college girl?"
EB: "NO! It is fun and colorful....everything has a story."
me: "You're right. Yeah....I love my house."

...it is so stupid. We both actually love our houses (and each others)....but it seems we are always wanting a new project to do to make them even better! SO...we go on for hours about what we have done to our houses, what we WANT to do to our houses, what we love about EACH OTHER'S houses and what we hate about OURS. (What are friends for anyway?)

Anyway, when I saw this quiz I thought it would be stupid. I can't even describe my taste...how could some internet quiz, right? WRONG! It was exactly right on the money...for me AND Em.
So, from now on we actually know how to describe ourselves!

MY STYLE is a mix of Rustic Revival, Nantucket and French Eclectic.
EMILY's STYLE is a mix of Traditional Country, Classic and Nantucket.

see Em....I told you it was traditional.

5 comments:

The Beamer's said...

You were RIGHT! I knew it wasn't shabby chic though!!!!! I love our conversations!!! I know our husbands do too!!! Especially, when we would "re-arrange" each others house before they came home from work:)The quiz was right on! Thanks for sharing:) See you next week!

Laura said...

This was fun. Mine is "cottage chic/French eclectic".

Unknown said...

Thanks I will have to try that.
I've always tried to put my style into words and just can't.
Cant wait to see what I am :)
ejwilliams

Krystal said...

woooooahhh. it was dead on for me!!! what a fun little survey! :)

Krystal said...

i was:

44% French Eclectic
33% Modern Elegance
23% Traditional Country

:)