Friday, February 20, 2009

happy birthday Lar...

So today is my sister, Laura's birthday and I realized something today that I should have known for a long time. Laura and I are the ONLY people in our families that TAKE pictures....therefore, we are never IN the pictures. EVER.

Of course, I have precious pictures of her as cute little lady with "the mom bangs." (not bangs that look like a mom, but bangs that our mom cut straight across with the kitchen scissors.)
And I have a picture of her holding me when I was a baby with pink sponge rollers in her hair. I have tons of OLD pictures of us, but what I don't have is a scanner. So I will have to sit here and admire these precious pics while you close your eyes and imagine Laura in pink sponge rollers!!!

For now, this is all I've got. Seriously. It's that bad.

Laura was running crazy that day trying to capture every moment with her camera and WE must have INSISTED that someone take one of us.

note: Laura, next time we are together, dress cute and we will ASK someone to take our picture.

For your 30th birthday...30 reasons that I think you're the BEST!

1. You can sew. I know I never say it, but I think it is so neat and really wish I could sew, too.
2. You always let me wear the cutest shirt in your closet...EVEN if it is what you were planning to wear!
3. You spent the night with me and Smith in the hospital. What a trooper.
4. You are turning into Ganne.
5. You are my own personal mommy encyclopedia. I know you will always know the answer to my questions....and if you don't, you'll do the research and get back to me.
6. We can't watch "The Video" without rolling in the floor laughing.
7. "The Laura Look" when you're checking yourself out in the mirror.
8. You are patient. (more patient than me, at least)
9. We are SO different.
10. We are SO much alike.
11. You work hard and you love your work.
12. You supported me when I opened my new business.
13. You are a great mother.
14. Big Teas from McAllister's.
15. Our wrinkly hands.
16. Your desire to learn and your love of knowledge.
(I like that you do all the reading and just tell me about it!)
17. Our email conversations during the day.
18. You have brown hair. (copycat.)
19. Going to garage sales, consignment shops, estate sales and auctions.
20. Our mutual love of DIRT CHEAP!
21. You cry all the time. (and its not just when you're pregnant so stop using that excuse.)
22. Mud pies, backyard plays and cabbage patch kids.
23. Being "Laura's Little Sister" was ALWAYS a good thing.
24. You don't complain. Sometimes you "vent," but you don't complain.
25. You are selfless and giving.
26. Pimento and Cheese sandwiches.
27. We are sorority sisters, too!
28. You don't forget important dates and you make special events even more special.
29. You are simple and genuine. No drama, just you.
30. You are my friend, my encourager, my prayer warrior, my SISTER!

Happy Birthday, Lar! You're the BEST!!!

4 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

so sweet. happy birthday laura!

Laura @ Our Messy Messy Life said...

Sweet! and it made me wish my sister lived closer........

Laura

Laura said...

I can barely post this because of all the tears in my eyes! You've got me pegged! Love you! (See #21.)

Melita said...

I just can't resist pointing out that all 3 of the previous comments are from Lauras! I just love noticing things like that!

Happy birthday to you, Laura.

Melita T.