Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm a little bulldog...

When Smith woke up Saturday morning, he was ready for a BIG Saturday of college football action. He got dressed in his vintage t-shirt (it belonged to Lolly when she was a little girl) and wished Daddy good luck as he left to prepare for the big game.
Before our DAWGS played, Smith sat in front of the TV and checked out all the other games. He was glued to the TV while South Carolina was playing....I think he was looking for his friend Sutton's Daddy and cheering for the GAMeCOCKS.
The game was exhausting for us...mentally, emotionally.... I think Smith was tired, too. Being on "this side" of the game, my patience as truly been tested, my skin has gotten a little thicker, and I have learned a lot about HOPe. It is hard to keep things in perspective sometimes when things aren't going your way....but when Reed and I got home from the game SMITH was waiting on us. He sure didn't care if the Bulldogs won or lost...and when you come home to such a sweet blessing, you quickly remember that win or lose, 50-2 or 3-2, whether its your profession or you are just the average fan, at the end of the day....as great as it is, FOOTBALL is just a game. God is so good.


3 comments:

Paul, Mamie, Bailey and Garrett Kosko said...

That first picture looks just like Reed Stringer to me! So cute!

The Benjamins said...

What a cute little Bulldog!

The Beamer's said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shane and I said the same thing Sat after our game. "How can you be sad looking at that precious face!" I love that Smith was watching the gamecocks! Em..... he looks like a little man He is so so so cute!!! I want to meet him so bad and Sutton does too! Have fun at the 4 seasons! We usually get a Hampton Inn:)