Thursday, July 31, 2008

a sweet big sister....and our first outing

Stella has really been great since meeting Smith a little over a week ago. She is very protective when guests come in the door and also a little jealous when everyone is giving all their attention to Smith. She knows not to get TOO close, but each day she gets a little more comfortable around him. Smith seems to really like his big sister, too!
Smith is really staying awake a lot more and is very alert. He is already changing and growing every day!
I have had a little bit of cabin fever since spending 4 nights in the hospital and sitting here in the house ever since we got home. It is great having visitors and I really enjoy the time that Reed and I have alone with Smith, but I was really ready to get out of the house.
We had dinner tonight at Coach Croom's house and they were very kind to invite Smith, too. I had made plans for our friend Laura to babysit, but I wasn't sure I was ready to leave him alone yet... I think Laura was pretty sad, but I decided that Smith could join us for our first family outing! We didn't get to stay very long, but it was great to see everyone. Plus, it made me feel good to wear something besides pajamas for the first time in over a week! Smith was very good and slept most of the time. All the coaches are betting whether Smith will be an O-lineman because of his size or a receiver because of his long fingers!

5 comments:

The Beamer's said...

Emily, you look so GREAT!!!! I can't wait to wear something cute and fitted!!!

Unknown said...

I haven't had a chance I don't think to wish ya'll 'CONGRATULATIONS' on Smith! :) He's is too cute. And you do look great. Way to go mama. I don't know about you but now that football season is upon us and guys report in...these will be some VERY long days without our daddy coaches. Glad we are in MS now to make some MSU games...take care and time for yourself.
love, ej williams
footballandsweettea.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Emily. He's a beautiful little boy.

-Rhonda

Joy Cecily said...

Emily~ Your son is absolutely beautiful and you look great! Congrats!! !Joy

LT (and Max) said...

yes! i WAS sad! :) but i'm glad you got to take sweet smith with you! i better see you soon!