Friday, August 8, 2008

Smith is 2 and a half weeks old and he is already getting so big and changing so much. It is crazy that it is still SIX more days until his due date! You cannot image how thankful I am that I am sitting here watching him sleep and NOT still trying to figure out how in the world my feet got so big! I was so ready for him to be here and I truly had no idea what to expect. He is so sweet and he has already been such a blessing to me and Reed. I have learned a valuable lesson in the past 2 weeks. I have spent the past few months preparing for Smith to arrive. We painted and decorated his nursery, were showered with gifts by our family and friends, washed clothes, read books to gain knowledge about caring for him, took child birth and breastfeeding classes and much more. But in the past 17 days I have realized that there is NO WAY you can prepare yourself to be a mom. I mean this in every way possible. I must admit that being a mom is very challenging. But as I look back on this whole experience... my pregnancy, the labor, the delivery, and the precious little boy that Lord has blessed us with, I consider being a mom the greatest accomplishment of my life. Ever since I was a little girl, all I wanted to be when I grew up was a "Mama." Being someone's "Mama" is the best thing in the world! What an incredible blessing. What an incredible gift. Knowing that the Lord has blessed me and Reed with this beautiful child and that He trusts us to love him is an indescribable feeling. "Seriously....stop taking my picture!"

3 comments:

Elisabeth and Gibson Steele said...

PRECIOUS!

Jenny Ruth said...

Smith is SO cute!! Congrats to you and Reed...So happy for y'all!

The Segrest Family said...

AMEN sister! you are so right... you can never prepare for the craziness that being a mom to a newborn brings! it is the hardest job yet the most rewarding! you are doing wonderfully im sure! he is precious...