Sunday, June 22, 2008

a special gift

My sweet friends had a shower for me and Smith a few weeks back. ( I will post pictures from the shower soon.) I got lots of great gifts for Smith and I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends. I have to say that one of my very favorite gifts was from Reed's mom. I opened the box to first find a precious smocked Maroon and White outfit for Smith to wear to his first football game! THEN....there they were. The sweetest little gowns and outfits that Mrs. Ann had saved in her cedar chest for almost 30 years. They were all worn by Reed when he was an infant. They were so small and so sweet and I just couldn't believe that my BIG Reed wore these tiny things! Reed wore this gown home from the hospital and I can't wait to take Smith home in it, too!Here is another little outfit of Reed's. How sweet little Smith will be wearing these hand-me-downs!
I am so sentimental and LOVE having these precious things. Thanks, Mrs. Ann for being so thoughtful! I am so grateful to have them!

2 comments:

brad, amanda, and brody said...

You better pack those bags!!! It's getting close. If Smith is like Brody and comes 3 weeks early, you don't have long!

Marsha Weems Stacey said...

Emily,

I LOVE those outfits, and I wanted to tell you that my brother, Leigh, had a couple of little belted bubbles identical to Reed's (Mama and Ann must have gone shopping together!) and Mac wore them all the time. He is now too big for them (Already, if you can believe that), but I took lots of pictures of him in them and they were my very favorites. I know that you and Reed are going to enjoy being parents as much as we are, and I can't WAIT for Smith and Mac to become buddies!

We are thinking about y'all as the end draws near!

Love,
Marsha