Thursday, June 12, 2008

laura, laura, laura....

So I like to think of myself as a somewhat creative gal with unique ideas in her head. But as soon I THINK I have a brilliant idea, I get brought back down to earth with a reminder that I have "Martha Stewart" for a sister. A few weeks ago I got a small 5x7 envelope in the mail - inside, a deflated beach ball with a little note that said, "blow me up." I followed the instructions to find that there was writing on the ball! It was an invitation to my niece, Anne Parks' second birthday party! "COME HAVE A BALL," it said, "at Anne Parks' Beach Birthday Party!" What a clever idea!
You should know that her creativity did not stop there! The beach birthday party was lots of fun with pools, slides, sprinklers, and bubbles! The menu included dips and chips, all with shovels for spoons and of course a rice crispy sand castle! Yep, she made a sand castle out of rice crispies! Not only was it a really creative idea, they were GOOD, too! (This picture doen't do the RC sand castle justice!) MOST moms call Kroger and order a nice cake. With all of the other planning, cleaning and stress of a birthday party, who has time to actually MAKE the cake? OH....LAURA does! And not just any cake! It was a BEACH cake! With a BEACH BALL! The whole cake was edible and really looked like a beach ball resting in the sand!
The party was great and Anne Parks had a great time! Laura did a GREAT job and I was, as always, very impressed with all the little details! Please check out Laura's blog
to see all the pictures from the party!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE!!! ya'll are both so creative! I can't wait to see what you come up with for your little one's parties...