Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Motherhood 101

Today has been a heck of a day. I think I have been getting a great lesson in being a MOM! Stella has been really suffering with bad allergies for a few weeks and we went to see our vet on Monday. He gave Stella a new medication that will hopefully began to help her allergies. It is a pill that she has to take daily and he told me that the first few days to a week she could have some vomiting and diarrhea. WELL....I spent the better part of 3 hours this morning laying in the closet floor as Stella threw up and had diarrhea ALL over my closet floor! I got some towels and put them down and was seriously wiping her face and her butt for hours! She was pitiful! It was the saddest thing I have ever seen. I called the vet because I felt like the vomiting was a little more severe than they had suggested might occur. I was in a panic and of course, Reed was in a meeting. The vet said that she would be okay and gave her some medicine for her tummy. I haven't left the house all day because I just couldn't leave her here alone! She has finally been resting this afternoon and hopefully we won't have the same reaction tomorrow! We'll see!

4 comments:

The Beamer's said...

Poor Stella!! Hope she feels better soon!

LT (and Max) said...

BLESS HER HEART!!!!

Anonymous said...

did your vet start her on atopica? i'm supposed to start milo on it in 2 weeks.

i hope she feels better!

The Stringers said...

YES, lacey!!! its is atopica!!! GOOD LUCK! We are on the 5th day and she is doing good. After she takes is she lays around and is really still for about an hour like she doesn't feel good, but has not gotten sick again!!!