Wednesday, January 2, 2008

the life i chose....

Right after Reed and I got engaged, I remember Coach Rockey Felker asking me a question, "Are you sure you want to marry a football coach." I really had not thought about it that way and replied. "No. I'm not sure I want to marry a football coach....but I am sure I want to marry Reed Stringer, and if he wants to be a football coach, then that's just what he'll be." Rockey laughed and said that was a pretty good answer. I tell this story because this is the life I chose. I had to keep telling myself that over the 8 days I spent in a HOTEL over CHRISTMAS!!! You know, The Peabody is a beautiful hotel, but after about 5 days, any hotel starts to get old. Despite the LONG hotel stay, we had a wonderful time in Memphis AND a great Christmas!

On Christmas Eve we had dinner at Flemmings Steakhouse with our friends Ryan and Keely. Here we are in front of our Christmas tree at the Peabody.
The Team Welcome Party was at Jillian's. Its kinda like Chuck E. Cheese for grown-ups! Everyone got an unlimited player card to play games and it was great. The players had so much fun. They were like a bunch of kids!
Dinner at the Memphis Country Club with the rest of the staff.
Beale Street after the parade....it was a MADHOUSE!!!
This is kind of a funny picture...I was on my way to The President's Gala (a black tie affair) and Reed as headed to a meeting. We happened to run into each other in the lobby and took a picture. Me in a formal gown and Reed in his warm-ups....I love it!
Taylor Hicks was the entertainment for the Gala. It was like a private concert!!! Caroline, Jennifer and I were having a great time dancing.
It was a little cold at the game....we were so cold, but it was WARM compared to the SNOW BOWL in 2000!!!
GO DAWGS!!! Liberty Bowl Champs!!!

3 comments:

Krystal said...

the beginning of this post almost made me cry. i love you and reed together so much.
this christmas was strange for me too. moving and all.
we'll try again next year :)
love you. miss you. come see me!

brad, amanda, and brody said...

Looks like you made the most of it and had a great time!

PS- Have you started my book I left on your doorstep yet?! It's HYSTERICAL. You might wet your pants.

Kathryn Spencer said...

UNLIMITED CARDS AT JILLIANS???!!!
I'm so jealous...