Monday, January 14, 2008

cheese please....

I went to the doctor today for a check-up and everything was great. I have only gained ONE pound!!! HA! I love it. I know that next time I go for a check up the scale won't be so nice!!! So just for an update on pregnant life....
*CRAVINGS: I LOVE cheese. I have always loved cheese but now ALL I want is cheese...cheese toast, cheese on saltines, cheese pizza, anything with cheese. Oh, and can I have extra cheese on that?

*SLEEP: I never knew that I could EVER be this tired!!! The other day I told Reed that I was SOOOOOOO tired. He said, "I know. Me, too." And I immediately responded.....YOU do NOT know how tired I am. He reminded me that he gotten up at 5 am to fly home from California and had been flying ALLLL day. My response: "Well I just grew a nose and some ears today on the freakin baby living in my stomach!!!" Anyway, my point is. HE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TIRED I AM!

*DESPERATE HOUSE"HUSBAND"???: Although Reed may not understand how I feel all the time, he really is great. I have to make a confession and I guess now is as good a time as any. Reed does our housework. NOT just since I have been pregnant... ALL the time. He does the laundry and most of the time the dishes. I DO cook almost every night and I do the dusting and vacuuming and stuff....(when it actually gets done). But Reed is the LAUNDRY KING!


*FIRST TRIMESTER FLAW: Besides the "morning sickness," fatigue, and mood swings,
there is ONE major flaw in the wonderful period known as the first trimester..... I DON'T LOOK PREGNANT!...and this is a MAJOR problem. You see....I FEEL pregnant, body and mind. I act pregnant (I am still apologizing to my sweet husband for the water bottle I threw at his head the other day.) You see, when I was at the grocery store with a huge buggy full of groceries feeling like I was either going to wet my pants or fall over asleep in the parking lot, it would have been nice for someone to offer to help me....but when you don't LOOK pregnant, people don't feel sorry for you. Not that I want them to feel sorry for me when I DO LOOK pregnant...by then, I will be feeling just fine. I just really think I should put up a sign on the counter at the store that says, "If I fall asleep or wet my pants while you are talking to me IT'S BECAUSE I AM PREGNANT!" or maybe one that says, "I am pregnant. If you ask me one more time how much 50% off of $12 is, I am going to throw something at you."

We really are having so much fun! My sister gave me the cutest book called "The Belly Book." It is a scrapbook for your pregnancy and you take pictures of your belly every week and answer some fun questions about how you feel and other stuff. What a wonderful experience....We are truly blessed.

8 comments:

brad, amanda, and brody said...

i say 99% you're having a boy. I don't even think I mentioned it to you, but CHEESE was my biggest craving too! anything...cheese nips, cheese crackers, individual wrapped CHEESE.

so funny...i love your grocery story.

Jason, Cathy, Claire, Grey, and Nate said...

I need to see you! And don't worry, you will get your energy back at some point:) but then it will go away again! Miss you!!!

erika said...

PREGNANT!? YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

I crave cheese all the time too....does that mean I'm pregnant??? haha! JK!!! Thanks for the update on you, how you're feeling, etc. You definitely gave me a laugh for the day! Hope you start feeling re-energized soon!!!

Krystal said...

I laughed really hard when I read this. You are hilarious.

The Nichols Family said...

It's funny how the first trimester can be different with people. I can only get excited to eat "normal" food. So far the main staple of my diet is saltine crackers and soup. I'm looking forward to craving something -- cheese, ice cream, anything other than a salty cracker! Let us know when your fatigue wears off because hopefully I won't be too far behind!

The Benjamins said...

Love your account of being pregnant! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

i CRACKED up when i read what you said to reed about being so tired. you are so funny!