Monday, January 21, 2008

it wasn't me....

Reed and I have the SWEETEST mini schnauzer in the whole world. Stella is 1 and half and she does NOT know that she is a dog. Stella used to get to roam around the house when we were gone, but when she turned ONE (and I started working and being gone all day)....she started chewing EVERYTHING! Not just garbage and magazines....she chew a hole through my side chair...THROUGH it....and stuffing was everywhere. Well, ever since Stella's rebellion, we have made her her own room. Our guest bathroom, or Stella's room as we refer to it, is perfect for her. She has her little bed, food and water and some toys.

She actually likes it in there. As soon as Reed or I put on our shoes or pick up our car keys, she runs to her room and lays in her bed!!! Sometimes Reed has to say, "Stella, go to your room." She looks sad and then runs on in there and sits on her bed.

I am very good at making sure that there is nothing in Stella's room that she could chew that would be dangerous OR just plain make a mess. There is NEVER toilet paper in there UNLESS we have company. My parents brought Andrew and a friend to baseball camp this weekend and stayed with us. SOMEONE must have left the toilet paper out......because THIS is what I found when I got home!!!

I couldn't help but laugh at her. She had this pitiful little face like she wanted to deny it but she knew she was BUSTED!
Bless her heart. This happened on Saturday and I am still picking little bitty pieces of toilet paper off of her!!!
FLASHBACK....I didn't have a camera, but I have to tell another really funny story about Stella and her "I just got busted" look.

We got Stella in September. We had just gotten married in July and I was constantly writing Thank You notes. She was only a few months old and a tiny little thing and I was on the couch writing some thank yous. I had my cards, envelops, and stamps spread out everywhere. I got up to go to the bathroom and heard some paper rambling in the living room. I ran around the corner and she looked up at me.....and she had STAMPS stuck ALL over her. Her little black self was cover in stamps! They were on her paws, on her face and head....I laughed forever and then decided it was not going to be any fun getting them off of her!!!! I sure wish I had my camera THAT day!

2 comments:

Crystal and Billy said...

OMG...Look at that face, she is such a cutie!!

The Nichols Family said...

That is too cute. Millie never discovered toilet paper, but we used to have a "bathmat monster" living in my apartment and in our house. Millie would wrestle and drag out the bathmat's. I never understood why they were a threat, but I've had to replace a few so far.