Wednesday, March 4, 2009

milk.

THE. MOST. exciting. thing. happened. this. morning!!!!

I have been trying to teach Smith a few signs to help him communicate with me. For the past few weeks, it seems that he has been understanding what I am doing. I will do the sign for "milk" and he will smile and get really excited!

This morning he was sitting on the floor playing and started getting fussy. I asked, "Do you want some milk?"....and he pulled up his cute little fat hand so slowly, thinking very hard about it, put it near his chest and DID the SIGN!!!

It was absolutely the sweetest thing I have ever seen!!!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Yay! I told you it'd be soon! Wasn't it wonderful?

LT (and Max) said...

aww!!! that's exciting! katey did the same thing with camp and it worked so well. it seems to make things so much easier!

i guess i just need to come see him do it for myself! :)

The Callaways said...

Hey Emily, I was thinking about doing the same thing with Campbell. How old was he when you started teaching him?

mary straton said...

so sweet! I'm really impressed with you and your little man!

PS - I am in full support of you not letting Smith get involved with wrestling. It's really better for everyone that way.

Unknown said...

Yea! I was also wondering when you started teaching him. I plan on using this with Kate!