Wednesday, March 11, 2009

just call us prudence and parsimony

my sister and i have a guilty pleasure.
it requires rising before the sun, wads of cash, a fat copy of the morning paper, lots of diet coke and an open, creative mind.
oh yeah, and a map (or in our case, my trusty blackberry that saved the day)!



What is this hobby of ours?
Garage Sales!

If you are up to the challenge, (and it IS a challenge) you might end up with a loot like this!


A few of my favorite finds:
the green ladder for displays at MINT = $10
a few frames/trays/mirrors = 25 cents each
Banana Republic Trouser jeans. my size. my length. great condition. = $3
4 pair of shoes (for Smith AND me) = $6
the precious red wagon for my little man = $5
and the jewel....
the FABULOUS topiaries that I LOVE!
tags still attached from The Everyday Gardner in Jackson.
their price $92.50 each. my price $12 each!

So it's 7:30 am. All the yards and garages are clearing out, our SUVs (yes that is plural) are full and it has been a successful morning. What in the world do we do with the rest of the day? Two words that make me even happier than garage sale...

ESTATE AUCTION!


7 hours, a truckload of goodies and a wonderful and STRONG brother-in-law later....

to be continued....


0 comments: