Wednesday, March 26, 2008

O is for the OTHER Emily...
Okay, so maybe I am actually the "other" Emily. We have actually been referred to a lot as "the Emily's" but our personal favorite is "the hummingbirds."
Emily is one of my very best friends. We went to high school and college together and were sorority sisters, but we did not actually become best friends until after college when we both married football coaches. (2 weeks apart.) We lived just down the street on Hummingbird Lane (hence the nickname).
We became obsessed with decorating our houses, playing with our dogs and being coaches wives. We spent a lot of time together because our husbands were on the same schedule AND we were the only ones who actually understood each other and the lives we were beginning!
I was very sad when Emily and Shane moved to Columbia, SC, but I must say that I love visiting her there and they have GREAT shopping! You can only imagine how excited I was to find out that BABY BEAMER will arrive only a few weeks after BABY STRINGER. That's right ...we are exactly 3 weeks apart and it has been such a blessing to share this wonderful experience with Emily. Emily is coming to visit in May... she is actually coming to visit her parents, but I like to think she is coming to see ME! Emily is such a wonderful friend who is always thoughtful and caring. I love her so much that I don't even mind being "the OTHER" Emily!

0 comments: