Sunday, October 21, 2007

the perfect mountain getaway

This was the best weekend EVER!!! I went with my highschool girlfriends on a girls trip to Highlands, NC.... ME, Mamie Kosko, Meredith Martin, Erin McElroy, Katie George and Foley Bell spent a long weekend at the Bell's house in Highlands. The weather was great and the scenery was beautiful. The leaves were changing colors and falling everywhere!!!

I woke up Friday morning and decided I needed a little change...okay, a big change. I was tired of my long, boring hair! I didn't want to get it "chopped" like I normally do, so I thought I would be a little trendy and go for BANGS!!! Here are the before and afters!!!! I was a little nearvous...I don't think I have ever been so quick and spontaneous about my hair!

We drove to NC on Thursday and just stayed in Thursday night. We watched our SENIOR VIDEO, a video we made for English class our Junior year and read through old annuals!!! Friday, we spent the day shopping, eating and pampering ourselves...some with hair cuts, others with pedicures and ALL with a little "retail therapy."
We went to Sunset Rock with a couple of blankets and little wine to watch the sunet. It was such a neat place and the sunset was beautiful!!! The girls showing off their new pedis and me with my new do!
We also went on a hike. We hiked to the top of a mountain and were so excited when we got to the top.....some of us were breathing a little hard, but the view was TOTALLY worth the hike!!!

We stayed in most of the time and just relaxed. We made a fire...okay, FOLEY made a fire, we made smores, drank wine, and ate lots of food. We did go out to dinner one night and had a fabulous meal!!!
I had such a great weekend and cannot wait until our annual girls trip next fall!!!










5 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

how fun!

highlands is my FAVORITE vacation spot. I LOVE IT. i was just telling kristen how badly i was craving it!

your hair is so cute!

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

How much fun!!!!!! I'm so jealous!!! I love your new do!!!!It's too cute!

Lee Herrin said...

how much fun! I haven't made it to your new store...I'm trying to get there during the AL weekend. But I hear it's super cute!

ps...love the bangs.

The Benjamins said...

Cute haircut! Looks like y'all had a blast!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry about your uncle. Yall are in our prayers.



That trip looked like so much fun! How awesome to be able to get everyone together!


LOVE the bangs! I am not brave with my hair at all!