Wednesday, July 29, 2009

enough!

I seriously have a problem with this ear piece phenomenon! I understand that they are safe and helpful when driving in your car, making notes about a conversation, etc....but there are other times when they are NOT appropriate.
It seems that I have noticed this problem a lot recently....
therefore, I give you the TOP FIVE times that it is NOT appropriate to WEAR an ear piece!

1. when you're giving me a pedicure - seriously....here i am paying hard earned money for someone to pamper me and the WHOLE time, and i mean the WHOLE, ENTIRE time - from soaking to scrubbing to painting - he TALKED on his "ear piece" to his GIRLFRIEND! and you would never believe what they did...they fought about how she didn't want to give him her FACEBOOK PASSWORD! yep! it went from "i'll check that message for you, just give me your password" to "you don't trust me? how can we be in a committed relationship if we don't trust each other? what are you hiding from me?" YOU have GOT to be kidding! take it out and just paint my toes!!!
2. when you're conducting a road block - i went through a road block yesterday and the police officer checking my license was chatting it up with a buddy - maybe his wife - who the heck knows! i could have had three kidnapped children and a terrorist with a machine gun in my front seat and mr. officer would have never noticed! but i am sure whatever he has planned for the weekend will be really fun!
3. when you're working in the drive thru - we picked up some breakfast at the mcdonald's in madison last week and when reed handed the girl his money she said, "whad she say?" reed replied, "excuse me?"...and she seriously looked at him like "you idiot! i'm not talking to you! i'm on my phone!" that's when we noticed the ear piece...(not the drive thru headset...her own personal ear piece!) she was actually mad at US for interrupting her conversation!
4. when you're in the waiting room - i find it a little awkward when anyone talks on their phone in a quiet waiting room. it just makes it worse when they use an ear piece. they are just sitting there right next to you and without moving a muscle say "hey...yeah...who....ummm hmmm.....naw"....and they are looking at you like you should respond...AWKWARD!
5. when you're the LEAD singer of the BAND! - we went to several dinners and parties in vicksburg for miss mississippi and on friday night they had a great band....but the LEAD singer sang the whole time with an EAR PIECE IN HIS EAR!!! i mean is he really gonna be in the middle of "Brick House" and stop the party for an important phone call?!? i don't think so!

Anyway....you can think of me next time you see someone inappropriately using a blue tooth! Thanks for letting me vent!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i could NOT agree more. I hate those things. Unless you are in a car and doing it for safety reasons, just don't! A girl checking me out at a grocery store was talking with one WHILE waiting on me. At first I thought she was talking to me, so I asked her to repeat herself and she rudely told me she was on the phone. WELL SORRY!! ugh....

Lili said...

I love your post Emily! I just love seeing people walking around and looking like they are talking to themselves! It cracks me up...I want to give my dad one just because he is SO LOUD on the phone....people in Biloxi would think he is crazy....sorry about your ruined pedicure, supposed to be a stress-reliever, not witness to a couples' argument!

Anisa said...

100% agreement. I hate Bluetooth! Just not a fan in any situation - especially the ones you just named!

Tricia said...

#6 in public restrooms. Whenever I hear "Hey!" while I'm using a public restroom, I'll start talking to the person, just to figure out later that they are on the phone. So embarrassing!

The Long Family said...

LOve this post!!!! They are handy and safe but people look so lovely while they aren't talking..... Use only when necessary.

matt and nichole said...

too funny!!!! Thanks for the laugh!! Love the McDonald girl and the boyfriend, get a grip folks!!