Sunday, June 21, 2009

that little fellow's dad.

There are certain dreams I cherish that I'd like to see come true.
There are things I would accomplish ere my working time is through.
But the task my heart is set on is to guide a little lad -
To make myself successful as that little fellows dad.

It's the one job that I dream of; it's the task I think of most.
For if I fail that little fellow, I have nothing else to boast.
Fro the wealth and fame I'd gather, all my fortune would be sad,
If I fail to be successful as that little fellow's dad.

I may never be as clever as my neighbor down the street.
I may never be as wealthy as some other men I meet.
But if he who follows after shall be manly, I'll be glad,
For I'll know I've been successful as that little fellow's dad.

I'm a daddy's girl with a father who loves me unconditionally, a father-in-law who I love and respect, and an amazing husband who has turned out to be a pretty GREAT daddy, too!
Happy Father's Day to my three favorite dads!

We love you!