Monday, April 13, 2009

ode to elizabeth....

Do you have a friend that can read your mind? One that can complete your sentences, knows what you are thinking before you do, and supports the decisions you make on a daily basis?
What if that friend was also your employee? What a blessing, right?
My dear Liz came to work for me the first month the store was opened in August of 2007. She walked into MINT in a t-shirt and jeans with her class schedule on a sticky note! Who would have thought that day that she would soon become part of the MINT family...a part of MY family, too?!? Elizabeth has been with me for almost 2 years now and has been the Store Manager at MINT for half of that time.

You might catch her saying that MINT is HER store...and well, it sorta is. She has poured her heart, her energy, and her time into "our" store for the past two years.....

and now...
she's leaving me for the BIG CITY!

As appealing as it sounds to run a consignment shop in Mississippi, the internship that she has with Escada in NYC is tearing her away! I am SO proud of her! After a summer of interning with Escada in London, they didn't hesitate to offer her a similar position in New York.

She is not just employee. She has become one of my dearest friends who I can count on for anything, not just at the store! She is loyal, hard-working, passionate, brutally honest, and unique. She loves my child. She has a great sense of style and an eye for color. She is confident and compassionate. She may have gotten her start at a little consignment shop in Mississippi, but for Liz, the sky is the limit!

I almost didn't make it through SPRING BREAK without her! What on earth will I do when she is gone for good?!?

We love you! Can't wait to come visit!

Disclaimer: Bob and Kathy...if May comes and you can't find your daughter....I had NOTHING to do with it!

1 comments:

Keely Hollern said...

we're not coming that weekend =(
Ryan is coming the next week (tues-thurs) for work so I'm coming with him but not Porter.
But I am definitely bringing Porter up sometime in May (we might even have a small b-day party for him there) so he can see everyone!