Tuesday, August 25, 2009

one cooperative kid....

If you're anything like me, you don't like posts that have NO pictures....so I will try my best to keep you entertained long enough to read my story!

Here goes nothing....

When I was a little girl, I was maybe a little stubborn. I hear stories all of the time about the hard-headed, fit-throwing child that I was...don't get me wrong - I was cute... I was just cute with a serious attitude.

To paint you a picture, my mother says the one thing that I "threw-a-fit" about the most was my SOCKS. I hated wearing socks because, get this....the "line" (or seam) across the top of my toes was not straight...or it was too high...or too low...WHATEVER I could find wrong! We have joked about this for years and my mama always said, "Just wait until you have children and have to get them dressed for school....I can't wait until they start kicking their legs and ripping their socks off!"

Well guess what MY child's favorite thing to do is?

Getting dressed for school and putting on his socks and shoes! Yep, the 13 month old RUNS to me like charging bull with his head down, laughing, to put his head through the neck of his shirt, then jumps in my lap and holds his feet out for socks and shoes!

To make things even easier...he LOVES getting his fingernails clipped! Have you ever heard of such? He sits by me on the couch and holds his fingers out...he watches so intently and is so curious!

So mama....for NOW at least....I have one cooperative kid!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Emily, you are too funny!!! Just wait!!! Remember you were the middle child!!! and Yes you were soooo cute!!! and still are!!!Love you!!!

MAMA

The Long Family said...

Funny story! Maybe since he's not like you in the respect, there's more coming!!!