Thursday, December 18, 2008

happy yesterday

I never realized that giving someone a "happy" was a southern thing until a few years ago. I have a dear friend who is a Texan and was living in California at the time. I called her up and excitedly declared, "I bought you a happy yesterday!" I was shocked at her casual response, "What's a happy yesterday?"

Bless her.

Since then, I often find myself referring to a small token or treat as not just a happy, but a "happy yesterday."

So...this week, Smith and I delivered happy yesterdays...Smith's pediatrician, his physical therapist, our maids and my hair dresser, just to name a few.

So what do you give that LONG list of people you need to thank during the holidays?
Something cheap.
Something fun.
Something edible.
Something personal.

My OH-so-TALENTED friend Krystal designed this darling Christmas card for me and I decided that they also made great gift tags!

So there you have it. Chocolate treats with a sweet smile!

Now that's what I call a HAPPY YESTERDAY!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute. very smart. very sweet. very sandra lee. :)

Jim and Cara Lea said...

I live in Georgia now.. and I have used the term "happy" before and it never fails.. people look at me crazy and then I have to explain what a "happy" is.. I thought it was a universal term! :)

Merry Christmas to ya'll!

The Long Family said...

The "happy" is a southern thing. I Have a friend in Alaska and is I told her husband one day that I got her a happy. He was like what? I had to explain. I love the Christmas cards and treats!

Buse Family said...

this is so strange. I have been in Indianapolis for 3 weeks and I was telling one of them that i needed to buy a happy for my husband for when i went home and no one in a class knew what a happy was!! i was shocked!!

Jenny said...

cute happy yesterdays.....and CUTER kid=)